Welcome to the Research and Knowledge Transfer (R&KT) Office blog! As part of the College of Medical and Dental Sciences at the University of Birmingham, we are the first point of contact, both internally and externally, for advice and assistance with all research-related issues.
This blog will be the entry point to everything you need to know about Research Support. From the initial idea to setting up your Research Project once a grant has been awarded, we offer help at every stage of the process.
So why are we introducing a blog now? Here are some answers to a few questions we’re pretty sure you are already thinking of!
What is the purpose of this blog?
- Exciting new form of communication to engage our academic staff in the College
- Reduce number of emails you receive
- One location that navigates you to the right place
What type of information will you be able to find?
- Information about upcoming applications from various funding bodies
- Updated calendar including deadlines
- Top tips about funders and applications
- Events – promoting upcoming ones as well as posting key resources from past events
- Latest research news
- Exciting discoveries/research made by you!
How often will new information be posted?
- At least 2/3 posts each week
- We will email you now and again to show you some of the top posts on the blog
How does this differ to the information that is already on the external and internal university sites?
The blog is the first step to navigating to those pages
- Provides guidance and news about the College, but also challenges issues currently in the media
Is this more of an information site or an opinionated blog?
- Both! Informative and reflective
How can I post on the blog?
- We aim to offer a two – way communication
- Perhaps introduce an ‘Academic of the month’ from each School to gather information from his/her colleagues about the latest news
- Email the team at email@example.com with the article you wish to post on the blog