The College of Medical and Dental Sciences is proud to be offering a fellowship programme for outstanding clinical and non-clinical researchers who wish to apply for independent research fellowships funded by organisations such as the EU, Research Councils UK, the Wellcome Trust, other research charities such as CRUK, BHF and Arthritis Research UK, and the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). We would expect you to align with our key strengths in the following areas: Immunity, Infection and Inflammation, Cancer, Applied Health Research, Metabolism and Reproduction and Cardiovascular Sciences.
- The opportunity to further your research in an extremely well-integrated multi-disciplinary campus, based in a world-class medical research institution.
- Access to cutting-edge research facilities, both biomedical and clinical, as well as a regional population of around 6 million people in the West Midlands enabled by strong relationships with local NHS Trusts.
- Depending on the Fellowship awarded, help with start-up costs, moving expenses and priority access to PhD studentships.
- A vibrant working environment where clinicians work closely with basic scientists and with opportunities for collaboration and mentoring by world leaders in nationally-badged centres of excellence.
- An attractive city with excellent schools and first class international and local transport links, named as one of the top 10 cities in the world.
Applications are welcomed from clinical and non-clinical scientists at all levels.
- You should have an excellent research track record with publications in high impact journals.
- Your proposed research project should contribute to our key areas of research strengths listed above.
- You should have a clear vision of your research direction.
- You will be expected t show the independence and leadership qualities required to develop an internationally competitive research programme.
To find out more more, please visit the webpage here