The next themed call “Trauma and Critical Care” opens on 25th March with a grant deadline on 27th May 2015.
Full details of the call can be found at the link here:
The NIHR i4i Challenge Award provides funding to undertake the clinical development of technologies. Applications must be based on a working prototype or a strong evidence base. Deadline for submission – 27th May 2015
The funding stream considers the following:
- R&D activities for medical devices, active implantable devices and in vitro diagnostic devices
- A minimum of two organisations must be involved.
- The lead organisation must be an NHS organisation or NHS service provider.
- Lead applicants must be based in England.
- Work packages must not include animal studies.
- Projects must be based on a working prototype or pre-clinically validated concept.
- Clinical utility studies must form an integral part of the project plan.