Key highlights include:
- A new scheme for collaborative research, to support groups of researchers to pursue key questions. This scheme is to enable team projects, led by multiple researchers, which can only succeed through working together.
- A new scheme for seed funding to support original and innovative ideas, with a view to enabling researchers to move towards a larger research application.
- The New Investigator and Senior Investigator Award schemes are merging into a single Investigator Award scheme. All candidates will be considered according to their career stage and experience to date.
- Increased opportunities for research leaders of the future through the established schemes of Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships and Sir Henry Dale Fellowships.
- New schemes to encourage the development of portfolios of translational research projects and sustained excellence in public engagement.