CRUK Multidisciplinary Project Award
These awards fund individual project proposals for collaborations between cancer researchers and scientists from engineering/physical science disciplines. Funding is for 4 years and can be worth up to £500k. There is no co-location requirement.
Funding support can be provided for:
- Postdoctoral researchers
- PhD students (stipend, fees and running expenses)
- Technical Staff
- Associated running expenses
Final submission date 17 November 2014 for assessment by a Multidisciplinary Expert Review Panel in April 2015. Note that a one page summary of the proposed project should be sent to Dr. David Clarke (email@example.com) at least 2 months before the deadline.
Research Areas to be supported are: Physics, Engineering, Mathematical & Computational Modelling, Chemical & Molecular Sciences, Materials Science, Molecular/Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
The panel will look for
- Scientific excellence and innovation
- Cancer relevance and importance to furthering understanding of cancer or potential benefits to cancer patients
- Feasibility, added value & individual contributions of the collaboration.
Applications must be made electronically.
Key contact: Dr. David Clarke (email address above) 020 3469 5285, who can advise on elegibility.
Application guidelines and grant conditions can be found at: